Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Unworthy To Be So Blessed...


Today, the verse that really jumped out at me during my Bible reading was Genesis 32:10a.  Jacob is begging God for help as he prepares to meet up with his brother Esau again after a long time away...after deceiving Isaac and stealing Esau's blessing.  He says to the Lord:
 
"I am not worthy of the least of all the deeds of steadfast love and all the faithfulness that you have shown to your servant..."
 
I immediately thought of Dave Ramsey's famous line, "I'm better than I deserve." 
How accurate it is that all of the blessings in my life are not only undeserved, but ill-deserved. 
God has been endlessly faithful and loving even when I have gone my own way.......sometimes I don't even stop to consider this truth.
 
It's easy for me to get caught up in what isn't going right in my life or have selfish ideals of how life should be and forget how amazing it is that I am breathing, that I'm forgiven, and that I can think, and feel....for the wonder of my family, and little ones to grow and teach, and opportunities to share His love, and the blessings of provision for things we need. 
 
Yes, there is too much laundry to do.
Yes, that one kid of mine just cannot seem to understand the basics of math.
Yes, I have to get that bill mailed, and that person called, and that job done, and those chores finished, and that meal made, and those crumbs cleaned up, and that toilet scrubbed, and that package sent, etc. etc. etc.
Yes, motherhood seems overwhelming and absolutely exhausting many a day.
 
But I have so much to be thankful for. 
Chief among those many, many things that I can praise God for is His faithful presence, which is with me in any and every situation, including my toughest days as a wife and mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment