Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Saying Goodbye to Survival Mode Challenge--Day Three

 
I highly recommend Crystal's book, "Saying Goodbye to Survival Mode" which comes out in two weeks.  If you are tired, weary, or overwhelmed, you will find it to be a great resource.
 
Today, for the challenge, we were asked to create an evening and morning routine of five items to help our days go smoother. 
I've listed the things I'm currently doing and the things (in green font) that I'd like to add to my current routine.
 
Morning Routine:
 
1.  Wake up early and read 2 chapters of the Bible, my devotional book, a section from Early to Rise and pray.  Read a chapter or two from a non-fiction book (my current read is "Ten Ways to Destroy the Imagination of Your Child").
2.  Shower and get dressed.
3.  Set out the breakfast things.
4.  Light a candle or turn on worship music to set the tone for a wonderful day.
5. Prepare the school table with lessons and supplies before the noisy brood awakes.
 
 
Evening Routine:
 
1.  Put a load of laundry into the washer and fold what's in the dryer and put it away.
2.  Take my vitamins. (This is very important preparation for staying healthy and happy!)
3.  Straighten up the kitchen and run a load of dishes if possible.
4.  Read 2 chapters of the Bible and a few chapters of a fiction book.
5.  Jot down a list of priorities/chores/goals for the next day in my notebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment