Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Saying Goodbye to Survival Mode Challenge--Day Two

 
Today's challenge was to stop comparing yourself to others and to think of the characteristics you like about yourself.  So many women today feel like they don't measure up...to the air-brushed photos of models and actresses we see or gorgeous displays of talent we see on Pinterest or other social media, to the "celebrity Christians" we tend to put on a pedestal, or even to our own friends and neighbors.  It was very good for me to sit down and make a list of my strengths and to ask my husband what he considers to be my talents/gifts.
 
I often focus on my weaknesses, failures, or flaws instead of being thankful for the talents and gifts God has given me.
 
One of the gifts my husband sees in me is that I'm an encourager, which is the whole purpose of this blog! 
 
Today, my devotional reading from "Streams in the Desert" included this little poem which I thought went along perfectly with today's challenge:
 
Others may do a greater work,
But you have your part to do;
And no one in all God’s family
Can do it as well as you.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment